My children and I were traveling on Hwy 55 in Idaho.My 17 year old son fell asleep in the back seat with his seatbelt on.

I came upon an accident on a corner and had to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting the wreckage. My son woke up because he was jarred from me slamming on my breaks. He sat up in his seat and unlocked his seatbelt because it had locked on him and was getting super tight around his abdomen. We quickly realized the seatbelt was not letting up, it was only getting tighter and tighter causing him severe pain.

At this point, I was extremely scared for him and worried. He kept saying he can't breathe. We took the side panel off to try and get the seatbelt mechanism to release. After 15 minutes of it not giving any slack and me checking for an emergency release button and the owners manual for some direction, I finally had to cut the seatbelt off him.

We were on a curvy road in a canyon with a raging river next to us. It brings me chills to think if I had gone off into the river, my son would have drown because there is NO WAY I could have saved him.

I want Jeep to replace my seatbelt.This is a huge malfunction and needs investigated.

Review about: Jeep Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments