2.3
Interest Rate

I have a 2014 Jeep Patriot that I've owned for three years. Purchased used, after an accident, was looking to get a safe dependable car - HA!

Within six months, the ignition control unit went out - driving along and suddenly my car won't go over 30 miles an hour. At the time, this was a covered repair. Otherwise, I'm looking at $600. Strike one.

Fast forward to a year later. Again, I am driving, and the car won't go over 30 miles per hour. Can't be the same thing, but YES, it is. Luckily, we are "covered" that the part was still under the two year part and labor (by two months). Should have been a warning. Strike two.

So now...suddenly car isn't moving. I'm thinking it's the ignition module again. So, tow it to the dealer. Great news! Not the ignition module, it's the TRANSMISSION THAT HAS GONE OUT ! This time it's a $4000 REPAIR. AND the rack and pinion steering is leaking, which is 'only' another $2000 to be repaired.

I contact Jeep- after reading on the internet HUNDREDS of complaints about this transmission issue. No dice. Their explanation? Since the car was purchased used, and is (get this) 10K over warranty, they won't cover it. Although they did tell me it WAS a PART FAILURE, nothing we had done to cause this problem.

Somebody tell me how a car that is four years old can have this happen and there's no recourse. This is just awful. Beware folks, don't buy Jeep!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: 2014 Jeep Patriot Car.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: No resolution to my issue.

Comments

We have only ever owned Jeeps. Currently have a 2015 Patriot.

Have never had an issue with any of them. As far as the complaints, I agree with the comment below.....if it is no longer under warranty, then that is that.

No car company is going to make exceptions because you are "only 10K" under the warranty limit. When it's up, it's up period.

Sorry but those problems aren't accidents those problems you've had are normal rent a car safeguards they program the car with in case a person don't bring the car back. You've been sacked with the cars programming .

ransom

You should read your warranty, what you complained about is the way almost all warranties work. After the warranty is over, you're on your won. Perfectly normal.

to ransom #1563705

Logically I agree. Emotionally I am in a different place.

Thus car is far too new to have this issue. There are hundreds of other complaints that the manufacturer has disregarded.

Poor service. Period.

to Anonymous #1564113

Logically is all that matters. You bought damaged goods and all bets are off. Not getting your way doesn't make something "poor".

You bought a wrecked car ; what did you think was going to happen ?

Out of warranty is out of warranty. Get it now ?